Wells Fargo has established a scholarship program to assist Wells Fargo team members' dependent children who plan to continue their education in college or vocational school programs.
The program is administered by Scholarship Management Services, a division of Scholarship America. Scholarship Management Services is the nation's largest designer and manager of scholarship and tuition reimbursement programs for corporations, foundations, associations and individuals. Awards are granted without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, gender, disability or national origin.
Applicants to the Wells Fargo Team Members Dependent Children Scholarship Program must be:
- Dependent children*, age 24 and under, of active regular or part-time Wells Fargo team members in the United States and Canada who have a minimum of one year of employment with the company as of the application deadline date of February 17, 2016.
*Dependent children are defined as natural and legally adopted children or stepchildren living in the employee's household or primarily supported by the employee.
- High school seniors or graduates who plan to enroll or students who are already enrolled in a full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two-year or four-year college, university, or vocational-technical school for the entire upcoming academic year.
Past recipients are not eligible to reapply.
If selected as a recipient, the student will receive a $1,500 award. Awards may be renewed one-time. Renewal is contingent upon satisfactory academic performance in a full-time course of study.
Awards are for undergraduate study only.
Selection of Recipients
Scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of academic record, demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities, honors, work experience, a statement of goals and aspirations and unusual personal or family circumstances. Applications from college-bound students and vocational-technical school students are evaluated in two separate groups. Financial need is not considered.
Selection of recipients is made by Scholarship Management Services. In no instance does any officer or employee of Wells Fargo play a part in the selection. All applicants agree to accept the decision as final.
- Start by clicking Register to Apply at the bottom of this page. You will need to read and agree to a consent statement, supply a unique and valid email address, and create a username and password.
- Correspondence throughout the application process will be by email. Email messages will be sent to the username and email address registered when you created your account. Students failing to use a valid active email account that will accommodate bulk mail may not receive consideration. Be sure to add email@example.com to your contacts or address book and check your email regularly!
- Complete the application by entering data in the format described. Proper punctuation and standard capitalization (Jill Smith, 10 Main Street, New York, NY) must be used.
- During the application process, you may leave the site prior to submission by clicking on the Save and Log out link located on each application page. To return to the application, you must login using your username and password.
- Applications are evaluated on the information supplied; therefore answer all questions as completely as possible.
- Applications and all required documents must be submitted electronically by the deadline in order for your application to be processed.
- Once all application requirements are satisfied, the Lock and Submit button will be available to you near the bottom of the Review Application page.
- Carefully review your application before clicking the Lock and Submit button. Once submitted, you will no longer have access to your application.
- It is recommended that you print a hard copy of your application for your records.
- You will receive an email acknowledgment of your submitted application.
As part of your application, you must upload the following documents prior to application submission:
- A current, complete transcript of grades. Grade reports are not accepted. Transcripts must display student name, school name, grades and credit hours for each course and term in which each course was taken.
- A completed Applicant Appraisal Form (click to view and print the form).
Your application is not complete unless all required documents are submitted electronically.
Your application must be submitted by February 17, 2016 by 11:59 p.m. Central Standard Time.
Applicants will be notified in mid-May. Check your email regularly. Not all applicants to the program will be selected as recipients. Students may reapply to the program each year they meet eligibility requirements. Past recipients are not eligible to reapply.
Payment of Scholarships
Scholarship Management Services processes scholarship payments on behalf of Wells Fargo. Payments are made in one installment on August 1. Checks are mailed to each recipient's home address and are made payable to the school for the student.
Recipients have no obligation to Wells Fargo. They are, however, required to notify Scholarship Management Services of any changes in address, school enrollment, or other relevant information, and to send a complete official transcript when requested.
Wells Fargo reserves the right to review the conditions and procedures of this scholarship program and to make changes at any time including termination of the program.
Questions? Contact us:
Call: 1-507-931-1682 and ask for the Wells Fargo Team Members Dependent Children Scholarship Program