The Cumberland Farms Believe and Achieve Scholarship Program has been established to recognize the importance of education and provide support to Cumberland Farms customers' and employees' children who plan to continue education in college or vocational school programs.
The program is administered by Scholarship America, the nation's largest designer and manager of scholarship and tuition reimbursement programs for corporations, foundations, associations and individuals.
Applicants to the Cumberland Farms Believe and Achieve Scholarship Program must:
- Be high school seniors, or recipients of a GED certificate up to the age of 25, who plan to enroll in a full-time undergraduate course of study at an accredited two- or four-year college or university or vocational-technical school for the entire academic year. Students must be entering their first year of undergraduate study in the fall 2017.
- Have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent), or a GED minimum standard score average of 500.
- Reside within a 30 mile radius of a Cumberland Farms retail location.
- Demonstrate financial need.
Children of full-time or part-time Cumberland Farms, Inc. employees who meet the first two eligibility requirements are also encouraged to apply, regardless of residence location.
Up to 130 $1000 awards will be granted.
Awards are for full-time undergraduate study only and are not renewable.
- Start by clicking Register to Apply at the bottom of this page. You will need to read and agree to a consent statement, supply a unique and valid email address, and create a username and password.
- Correspondence throughout the application process will be by email. Email messages will be sent to the username and email address registered when you created your account. Students failing to use a valid active email account that will accommodate bulk mail may not receive consideration. Be sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts or address book and check your email regularly!
- Complete the application by entering data in the format described. Proper punctuation and standard capitalization (Jill Smith, 10 Main Street, New York, NY) must be used.
- During the application process, you may leave the site prior to submission by clicking on the Save and Log out link located on each application page. To return to the application, you must login using your username and password.
- Applications are evaluated on the information supplied; therefore answer all questions as completely as possible. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Applications must be submitted electronically by the deadline in order for your application to be processed.
- Once all application requirements are satisfied, the "Lock and Submit" button will be available to you near the bottom of the Review Application page.
- Carefully review your application before clicking the Lock and Submit button. Once submitted, you will no longer have access to your application.
- It is recommended that you print a hard copy of your application for your records.
- You will receive an email acknowledgment of your submitted application.
Required Supporting Documents
As part of your application, you must upload the following documents prior to submitting your online application by December 15, 2016.
- A current, complete transcript of grades. Grade reports are not accepted. Unofficial or online transcripts must display student name, school name, grades and credit hours for each course and term in which each course was taken.
- A completed applicant appraisal.
Your application is not complete unless all required documents are submitted electronically. Mailed, faxed or emailed documents will not be accepted.
Your application must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. (CST) on December 15, 2016.
Selection of Recipients
Scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of academic record, demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities, honors, work experience, statement of goals and aspirations, unusual personal or family circumstances and an outside appraisal.
Financial need will be considered; all recipients must demonstrate need.
Awards are granted without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, gender, disability or national origin. Selection of recipients is made by Scholarship America. In no instance does any officer or employee of Cumberland Farms, Inc. play a part in the selection. All applicants agree to accept the decision as final.
All applicants will be notified in March. Check your email regularly!
Payment of Scholarships
Scholarship America processes scholarship payments on behalf of Cumberland Farms, Inc. Payment is made in one installment on August 1. The check is mailed to each recipient's home address and made payable to the school for the student.
Recipients have no obligation to Cumberland Farms. Recipients are, however, required to notify Scholarship America of any changes in address, school enrollment, or other relevant information and to send a complete transcript when requested.
Cumberland Farms, Inc. reserves the right to review the conditions and procedures of this scholarship program and to make changes at any time including termination of the program.
Questions? Contact us:
Call: 1-507-931-1682 and ask for the Cumberland Farms Believe and Achieve Scholarship Program
Register and apply!
To apply to the Cumberland Farms Believe and Achieve Scholarship Program,you must first register as an applicant by clicking the 'Register to Apply' button below. You may then complete the application by providing information about yourself and your academic achievements. Good luck in the competition!